Implant Dentures – Boca Raton, FL
The Best Way to Address Extensive Tooth Loss
If you have suffered the loss of all or most of your teeth, you may face a number of daily challenges. You might find it difficult to eat your favorite foods, and perhaps you feel self-conscious in social situations. Traditional dentures can address such issues to a degree, but they come with their own set of disadvantages. There is a better solution! We invite you to schedule a consultation with our talented team to learn more about implant dentures in Boca Raton.
Why Choose Mogell Dental Associates for Implant Dentures?
- Start to Finish Dental Implant Care
- Beautiful Custom Restorations
- Patient Comfort Is a Top Priority
What Are Implant Dentures?
Whereas traditional dentures rely on suction or adhesive to stay in place, implant dentures are different. They are anchored in the jawbone via prosthetic tooth roots (dental implants in Boca Raton). They are therefore much sturdier and stronger than their traditional counterparts.
There are two main types of implant dentures:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
As their name implies, these are permanently attached to the implants that support them. They can only be removed by a dental professional. They typically require 4 – 6 implants per arch. Many patients love the convenience of always having their prosthetic teeth in their mouth.
Removable Implant Dentures
Removable implant dentures are easy for patients to remove on their own. They are secured in place with ball or bar attachments. They usually require fewer implants per arch than their permanently fixed counterparts.
The Implant Denture Procedure
The implant denture procedure usually goes something like this:
- Consultation: Our team evaluates your candidacy for dental implants and begins to plan your treatment.
- Implant placement surgery: Your implant dentist in Boca Raton inserts your prosthetic tooth roots into your jawbone.
- Restoration: After we secure any necessary attachments on top of your implants, we design and place your implant denture. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about how to use it or take care of it.
From beginning to end, the implant denture procedure can take several months or longer, but the end result makes the investment of time more than worth it!
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Some common traits of implant denture candidates include:
- Fair oral and overall health
- A commitment to excellent oral hygiene
- Adequate jawbone density to support dental implants
- A desire to upgrade from traditional dentures
Most people who have suffered extensive tooth loss are candidates for implant dentures, either right away or after some preliminary treatments. Contact us to schedule a consultation and find out if this treatment is right for you!
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Some key benefits of implant dentures include:
- Stability: Unlike traditional dentures, implant dentures remain secure even if you are eating tough or hearty foods.
- Jawbone preservation: Implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent the bone deterioration that normally occurs after tooth loss.
- Value: Dental implants last for so long that they may be a better monetary value than non-implant tooth replacements that need to be replaced every few years.
- Comfort: Because they don’t slip in the mouth, implant dentures are very natural feeling.