State-of-the-Art Tooth Replacement
If you wear a partial denture or have gaps where teeth are missing, dental implants are a great way to get new permanent teeth. Missing teeth should always be replaced, and dentures are one way to do that. However, dentures are famous for being annoying and inconvenient, shifting while you chew, and becoming too loose over time. Dental implants in Boca Raton offer an alternative treatment option that provides stabler, longer-lasting results.
Benefits of Dental Implants
More than five million dental implants are placed in the U.S. each year — and it is easy to see why they are so popular! The benefits of dental implants in Boca Raton are far superior to the advantages that you would experience with other forms of tooth replacement. Implants can improve the quality of your everyday life, support your oral and overall health, and provide you with decades of reliable function. If you would like to find out how they could benefit you personally, get in touch with our team today.
Some of the day-to-day benefits of dental implants include:
- You can eat what you love. There are no food restrictions with dental implants in Boca Raton. You can dig into those crunchy vegetables or enjoy tough meats without worrying that your prosthetic will become destabilized.
- You may enjoy renewed confidence. Dental implants look incredibly lifelike. You will be able to speak and smile without worrying that your new teeth will draw any negative attention.
- They are easy to maintain. In many ways, caring for dental implants is similar to caring for natural teeth. Brushing, flossing, and regular dental visits can help them to stand the test of time.
- They feel natural. Most dental implant patients find that their restorations feel just like real teeth in their mouth.
Dental implants offer a number of remarkable health benefits:
- Jawbone preservation. The jawbone begins to deteriorate after the natural teeth are extracted. Dental implants replace the lost tooth roots, thereby stimulating the jawbone and helping to keep it strong, healthy, and whole. This helps you to maintain your facial shape.
- A more nutritious diet. Because dental implants are able to handle such a wide variety of foods, they can help you enjoy the disease-preventing benefits of a diet that is rich in raw fruits and vegetables.
- Prevention of oral health problems. Dental implants prevent your remaining natural teeth from drifting out of place. Also, since they are self-supporting, placing them usually does not require that any of the nearby teeth be modified or extracted.
You will begin to notice the benefits of dental implants as soon as you receive them, and you could continue to enjoy them for many years. Their long-term benefits include:
- Research shows that even 10 years after placement, the vast majority of dental implants are still thriving. For many patients, their replacement teeth last throughout their lifetime.
- Save money. Because dental implants last so long, they may actually cost less in the long run than treatments like traditional dentures and bridges. Plus, they spare you from having to buy items like denture adhesive and denture-soaking solutions.
- Save time. Caring for dental implants is not time-consuming. In most cases, you can simply brush, floss, and visit your implant dentist in Boca Raton every six months for a cleaning and checkup. You will not have to invest a lot of time in denture relines or other services that are necessary for less durable forms of tooth replacement.
Indications for Dental Implants
Dental implants are a versatile treatment. They may be the ideal tooth replacement solution for you whether you have lost one tooth, multiple teeth, or even all of your teeth.
Missing Single Tooth
If you are missing just one tooth, Dr. Mogell will insert a single dental implant into your jawbone. It will serve as a prosthetic tooth root. After it has had a chance to fuse with the surrounding tissue, you will receive a ceramic crown to go on top of it and replace the visible portion of your lost tooth.
Missing Multiple Teeth
If your missing teeth are all adjacent to one another, an implant-supported bridge is likely the best tooth replacement solution for you. One dental implant will be placed at each end of the gap. The implants will each support a crown, and the crowns will have 1 – 3 artificial teeth between them.
Missing All Teeth
For edentulous (missing all teeth) patients, your dentist in Boca Raton may recommend an implant-supported denture. Modern dentistry offers a number of different types of implant dentures, including those that are permanently fixed in the mouth, as well as those that “snap” onto and off of small attachments on top of the dental implants.
Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment
Many practices must refer their patients to an outside specialist for their implant placement surgery. Here at Mogell Dental Associates, we can usually perform every stage of the procedure, including implant placement and restoration, right here in our office. That creates a more convenient, streamlined experience for our patients. It also gives them the peace of mind that comes with knowing their smile is safe in the hands of the experts they already know and trust.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
There are numerous factors that can affect the cost of dental implants, including the number of implants needed, the extent of any necessary preparatory treatment, and more. Also, the treatment takes place across several stages, each of which incurs its own cost. When you visit us for your consultation, we will evaluate your situation and give you a personalized estimate for the price of your tooth replacement journey. Although implants tend to cost more than traditional treatments, they are a worthwhile investment because of the many long-lasting benefits they offer.
Would you like to learn more about dental implants and how they may help you? Contact our friendly team today!
Dental Implants Frequently Asked Questions
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium screw that acts as an artificial tooth root. This is “implanted” into the bone of the lower or upper jaw and serves as an anchor or “artificial root” for a replacement tooth. Implants can be used singly to replace just one tooth or in multiples to replace many missing teeth in the form of partial or total dentures. Fewer follow up visits are required for teeth replaced using implants versus other options such as bridges and removable partials.
What do dental implants feel like?
A restored dental implant feels like a normal tooth. Implants require no adhesives such as denture glues and pastes because the implant is fused to your living bone and acts just like a real tooth.
What do dental implants look like?
The porcelain crown attached to your implant is matched to the exact color of your teeth and will look completely natural. Because there is no chance of slipping, as with dentures, your dental implants restore your confidence in eating, speaking, and smiling!
Are dental implants the right choice for me?
If you have lost teeth due to injury or other causes such as decay or gum disease, a dental implant is ideal no matter your age. Dr. Mogell will ensure that you are a proper candidate for implants – the ideal patient has healthy gums, good oral health, and a strong commitment to brushing and flossing. Enough bone near the missing teeth is needed for the implants to attach to the jaw. If necessary, procedures such as bone grafting prepare your mouth for implants even if you are not an ideal candidate.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Your oral health is a major factor in overall well-being. Because the titanium implant fuses to your jaw, the bone loss that typically occurs when teeth are lost is minimized. Preserving this bone structure is important to help maintain remaining natural teeth as well as your natural facial contours. Patients that are missing teeth also tend toward poor nutritional habits – another factor in maintaining overall health. The renewed self-confidence when you smile, chew, and speak is itself a benefit that can be life changing for some patients.